ABOUT KIMBERLY A. WATSON
Kimberly Watson is admitted to practice law in the State of Maine and the United States District Court for the District of Maine. She is a 2014 graduate of the University of Maine School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude). Kim also has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural Resources from the University of Maine.
During law school, Ms. Watson was a legal writing teaching assistant, a Prize Arguer and Prize Brief writer for the Moot Court Team, and a student member of the Edward Thaxter Gignoux Inn of Court. Kim also worked as a summer student attorney for the Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic and participated twice in the Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition.
Prior to beginning her own practice, Ms. Watson was an associate attorney at Petruccelli, Martin & Haddow, LLP. This was a boutique law firm in Portland, Maine, where she practiced complex civil litigation. She also served as filter counsel and performed privilege review for relators involved in qui tam litigation.
Ms. Watson has received many awards and honors and is a member of some professional organizations.
● General Litigation Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2016-2019 for recognition in professional achievement
● Honored as a member of the Katahdin Counsel for pro bono work in 2015-2017
● American Bankruptcy Institute Medal for Excellence in the study of Bankruptcy
● Gignoux Award for Appellate Advocacy
● Honored as Katahdin Law Student in 2013 and 2014
● Member, Maine State Bar Association
● Member, Edward Thaxter Gignoux Inn of Court
A little more background about Kim
Kim was born in Milford, Massachusetts and currently resides in Scarborough, Maine. When she is not practicing law, Ms. Watson enjoys spending time with her two daughters and taking multi-day motorcycle trips.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Watson spent fourteen years driving tractor-trailer both locally and cross-country.
PO Box 1660
Scarborough, ME 04070